For those who weren't able to attend last year and experience the fun, here are five(5) reasons to join us on Saturday, Oct 12th, 2013.
1. The People.
This is a social challenge ride. There are no teams, but people meet at registration, get to know each other and ride in packs. Last year we had so many people meet each other, bond and become friends... It was awesome. The challenges are fantastic, but when you're riding down the road, 15 cyclists strong, following a guy with a boombox attached to his back... you suddenly realize: I've found my people.
This is just a rough draft of some of the awesome prizes we have this year:
- Hip pack cellphone holders from Seagull bags.
- Six Corners handlebar bag from PoCampo.
- Tickets to the BeltLine 10K from the BeltLine Running Series.
- One month free yoga by Lime Tree Yoga.
- Gift cards and shirts from Villains.
- Prize basket from Trader Joes.
- Grand prize: Vintage Miyata Bike from SOPO.
.... there are a lot, lot more. Check out all of our sponsors on the official page.
3. The Challenges.
To clarify, the Teminus 5C: Resurgens is not a "race." The point of the Terminus 5C is to get as many points as you can. You get points by completing the challenges. The challenges are both mental and/or physical. That means that they take time to complete... And are ridiculously fun. This year's challenges are under lock and key, hush-hush, do not tell, but here's what we did last year:
- Tube Malfunction Junction: Your tire goes flat... how fast can your replace the tube? Had a guy do it in less than 1.5mins last year.
- So You Think You Can Bike?: Bike obstacle course on a Mixie PBR bike.
- Angry Bikes: Angry birds meets bikes.
- Krog of Fortune: You can't buy a vowel... you gotta figure out the secret message in the Krog Street Tunnel.
- Human Shazam: Name the tune, win the game. Dancing got you more points.
Each challenge is held at a host bar. Each bar gives a drink and/or food special for Terminus 5C riders, with a portion of these sales going to ABC. Come hungry and thirsty. The tentative line-up for the host bars this year: Octane Westside, Elliott Street Pub, Radial Café, Villains, Midway, Mother.
Again, all proceeds from the Teminus 5C: Resurgens go to The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition. Like that new cycletrack on 10th street and all the bike lanes popping up in the city? ABC helped make them happen. Getting more kids on bikes with the Earn a Bike program? ABC, for the win. Been to Atlanta Streets Alive? Event hosted and put on by ABC. The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is an amazing org. And we want to help them succeed.
With that - you now have five(5) darn good reasons to join the challenge. Won't you join us? Click below. Can't wait to ride with you!